среда, 18 февраля 2009 г.

Bon Appétit!!!!!!!!

Ukraine...undiscovered pearl of Europe... known for it's hospitality....



Ukrainian people are really proud of their national cuisine and when have any foreign visitors they try to turn an ordinary dinner( lunch, breakfast!) into a royal feast though it might not end well...



Last summer my american boyfriend and i were travelling round Ukraine going from city to city , from town to town, discover (or re-discover) Ukraine. That was really fun. Most of the times we stayed at hotels but sometimes with my friends.



When we went to Odessa I suggested we stay with my school best friend Jane. Overnight trip on the train from Kiev and we are there. I was so worn out that my greatest desire was to take a shower and this was exactly what i did when we finaly arrived to Jane's apartment. Meanwhile Jane's mom (perhaps trying to show famous ukrainian hospitality ;) offered my b-friend a steak (ummm ... yammmy!!!). I know Jane for many years and a very first thing I've learned - NEVER EAT WHAT HER MOM COOKS!!!!!!! Most of the time it tastes gross but it also might be dangerous for your health!!!!!!



My poor sweetheart...he didn't know that:-(



He noticed that his steak looked ok, tasted a little bit weird... but it was only after i went out of the shower, he saw tiny worms on the plate...


No need to describe his reaction... and now ( tram pam pam!!!) awesome Jane's mom reply (Note: she wasn't surpised at ALL) : "I do not understand why he is mad, this worms must come from sweet cherries!":-))))))))


Welcome to Ukraine and Bon Appétit!!!!!!!!

3 комментария:

  1. Cute:) Perhaps Jane's mother took several lessons in cooking of exotic dishes. If I were you, I'd be careful with this lady. Next time she can easily treat you to wrong cooked fugu;) Uhhhhh.... glad that I don't know Jane's mom, anyway:)))))

    ОтветитьУдалить
  2. Cute:) Perhaps Jane's mother took several lessons in cooking of exotic dishes. If I were you, I'd be careful with this lady. Next time she can easily treat you to wrong cooked fugu;) Uhhhhh....glad that I don't know Jane's mom, anyway:)))))

    ОтветитьУдалить
  3. u are very luck! once you see her she will be coming to you every night in your worst nightmares!

    ОтветитьУдалить